[KinoSearch] Setting up search server and client

Dan dmarkham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 01:43:29 PST 2010

Hello Paweł,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what your asking but I'm going to try and
help ya anyway.

The SearchServer and SearchClient I would say are fully working samples of
one way to use KinoSearch in a client / server model.

It might not be the best/fastest way to access a Kino index depending on
your needs.

If you have not done so yet i would play with the sample scripts (
indexer.pl/search.pl)  just to get a feel.

As for the caching..
KinoSearch doesn't do search result caching on it's own (you would need to
cache in memcached/etc.)

What it does do is work with your operating system's VM/disk cache to keep
the index fast for all your searches.

Depending on your index size / querys you may not need caching at all.

Good luck,
-Dan