[KinoSearch] Compacting the core

Nathan Kurz nate at verse.com
Sun Jun 22 21:18:50 PDT 2008

I also saw that you also removed AndNotQuery, which strikes me as a
good simplification as well.

I wonder if it would be a good test case for a KSx package.  The code
is already done, and it might be a good check of how easy it is to add
similar functionality outside the core.  My impressions from before
were that writing custom scorers was fairly straightforward, but that
getting them to be used felt clumsy.  Probably this was just me
missing something elegant, and an example of an optimization like this
might serve as a good example for some future me.

Nathan Kurz
nate at verse.com