[KinoSearch] Lots of orphaned .f* files

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Tue Feb 13 11:07:44 PST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:39 AM, Chris Nandor wrote:

> When I reindex, those files just stay after I close the writer,
> whereas I
> expect them to get deleted.  Should they ever stick around?  I end
> up with
> thousands of these things.

They should not stick around.  The content of each of those files is
supposed to get merged into the compound file (_XXX.cfs).  Then
they're deleted.  Searcher reads from the compound file.

I'm curious whether you have fields which are specified as not
indexed.  If so, can you show me some of the field definitions?
Here's how SegWriter generates the list of _XXX.fYYY files:

         push @compound_files, map { "$seg_name.f" . $_->get_field_num }
             grep { $_->get_indexed } $self->{finfos}->get_infos;

There shouldn't be any files corresponding to fields which aren't
indexed, but maybe they're getting created because of some bug
earlier in the chain.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/