[KinoSearch] simpley way to optimize index

Marc Elser melser at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 18 22:23:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm about to write a cronjob which should optimize my kinosearch indexes
for my various tables and I wonder if there is a simple way of opening
an index (without having to specify analyzers, spec fields and so on.
Just open the index and call optimize on it. Or do I have to re-open the
index with all the analyzers then specify all the fields before I can
call $invindexer->finish( optimize => 1); ??

And does the indexer optimize the index of I don't add or delete any
deocuments??

Thanks for letting me know

Marc